Latest News

Loading...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sachin: No politics, cricket is my life

Breaking his silence over being nominated to the Rajya Sabha, cricketer Sachin Tendulkar cleared the air on the subject and said cricket would always remain his priority. “I am not a politician, but a sportsman and will always remain one. Cricket is my life and I will not give it up for politics,” said Tendulkar, speaking after being felicitated in Pune by a private firm for completing 100 cricket centuries.

“It is an honour to be nominated to the RS,” the master blaster said, adding that what made it special was the fact that eminent personalities like Lata Mangeshkar had been nominated in the past. “Cricket is my area of expertise. I would like to contribute to that field,” he said.
He said. “Winning a World Cup was my cherished dream for which I waited for 22 years.” He recalled the moments after India won their second World Cup. “My driver told me that my fans were dancing on my car outside the stadium. I told him not to stop them and also did not bother about the dents to the car,” said Tendulkar.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Superb work!

    Also visit my web site - oaks.pro

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain