Latest News

Loading...

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sachin is already a 'Bharat Ratna': Dravid

Former India captain Rahul Dravid feels that although Sachin Tendulkar is yet to be conferred ’Bharat Ratna’, he is already one for the millions of cricket crazy Indians.

“I don’t know when he (Sachin) will get it officially as I am not aware of the rules. But he is already a ‘Bharat Ratna’ for Indian people because of his phenomenal success and the manner in which he has served Indian cricket for years,” Dravid told the mediapersons at a promotional event of his new IPL team Rajasthan Royals.

Dravid, who is now only considered for Test cricket is hopeful that he will do well for his new IPL team.

“I have played in the first three editions of IPL and this format is not new to me. Since I got a lot of time after the South Africa Test series, I worked hard on my fitness and also made a few adjustments to my technique. Hopefully, things will fall in place,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain