Latest News

Loading...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Archer Deepika wants tips from Tendulkar

It is not just budding cricketers who want to take tips from Sachin Tendulkar as Commonwealth Games gold medallist archer Deepika Kumari wants to have a chat with the iconic Indian batsman to know the secret of his over two-decade old consistency at the international level.

"I have been a Tendulkar fan since I was a kid and I consider him my role model. It is my desire to meet him and have a long chat with him," Deepika said.

"He has been playing for the past 20 years and I want to know the secret of his longevity. I want to take tips of discipline and the zeal to play from him because like cricket, it is very important to be focussed and disciplined in archery. And there can be no better person than Tendulkar to guide me on this," she said.

Now training for the upcoming Asian Games, Deepika said she would look to strike gold in the November 12 to 27 event in Guangzhou, China even though the lack of acclimatisation time might affect her performance.


"I have been practicing hard but then I would be getting very less time to get acclimatised which would have an impact on my performance," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain