Latest News

Loading...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sachin's stupendous run inspires me: Ponting

Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting is inspired by the way Sachin Tendulkar is playing late in his career, and said he hopes to get better with age like the 'little master'.

Ponting said the thought of retirement has not crossed his mind but it would depend a lot on how he fares in the upcoming Ashes series and World Cup early next year.

"Even at my age we can find ways to improve and I think Sachin has been a great example of that," Ponting was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.

"I think he made nine international hundreds in the last year at 37 years of age, so hopefully I can do something similar in the coming years."

"If I play well through the Ashes and well through the World Cup, then I will continue to play."

"I want to play and if there are younger guys out there that I feel I am keeping out of the team, then I will step aside," said the 36-year-old Ponting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain