Latest News

Loading...

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cronje's brother welcomes Sachin's comments

PUNE (India) – Sachin Tendulkar’s recent comments about the deceased South African captain, Hansie Cronje have delighted the Cronje family in South Africa.
“I must say it is a surprise to me to see Sachin’s comment. It is certainly a tremendous compliment to Hansie, as I think Sachin is the finest batsman playing the game today,” late Hansie Cronje’s brother, Frans Cronje, said exclusively from South Africa.
“The bowler who tested me the most was Cronje. I didn’t know how to face Cronje. Honestly, I got out to him more than anyone. When we played South Africa, he always got me out more than Allan Donald or Shaun Pollock,” Sachin has recently revealed. Sachin has hammered even the best of bowlers on his day.
“Hansie would have enjoyed Sachin’s comment very much. I think although Hansie did not bowl himself often, he had the ability to get big wickets. He was a tremendous strategist and that worked in his favour,” his brother further added.
Interestingly, 43-year-old Frans Cronje has also played the first class game as a right-handed batsman and right-arm medium fast bowler for local teams (Border, Griqualand West, Orange Free State) in South Africa. Hansie, a biographical film about the life of Hansie Cronje was released on September 26, 2008. The film was written by his elder brother Frans Cronje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain