Latest News

Loading...

Friday, November 19, 2010

'This will never happen again, Hoggy: Sachin Tendulkar.


(Article before start of the test series in Australia vs Australia 2008.)

Sachin Tendulkar has given it in writing that Brad Hogg would never get his wicket again, the Australia chinaman bowler revealed on Saturday.

The spinner himself is not awe-struck and oozed confidence of troubling the batsman again.

Hogg had scalped Tendulkar's wicket in the October 5 one-day international in Hyderabad after which he gave a photograph of the dismissal to be signed by the batsman.

"I got him out in one of the games, and there was a photo of it I asked him to sign for me. He did it and wrote me a message. Underneath his signature, he wrote, 'This will never happen again, Hoggy,'" Hogg told The Sunday Age.

"It's a bit of a prized possession. It's an honour to be on the field with the calibre of player like Sachin Tendulkar.

To bowl at him is a great experience. It's not overawing, just a great experience. If I'm out there, I'm out there to compete against him and make life as hard as possible for him."

Inspite of India's enviable reputation against spin, Hogg said there were no butterflies in his stomach.

"A Boxing Day Test is something that I've always dreamed of. I've watched it on TV every year with the massive crowds. It's such a huge game. It's one of those things where you have a dream of doing it, you've worked hard to get there. But you can't worry about it. You've just got to enjoy the moment.

"I know I'll be right. Longer spells doesn't really affect me. I'm fit. I quite like longer spells, to be honest. I grew up working long, hard days in the bush, so it's not going to bother me. But it is a different approach. Batsmen are really coming hard at me in one-dayers and that can help.

"In Tests, you've just (got to) starve them of easy runs and keep them under pressure. That's my job."

And For all Readers kind information After that Sachin & hogg played in Australia in 2008 test series & ODI Series but Sachin didn't get out in hogg's bowling.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sort of pictures about the great batsman,Sachin Tendulkar, which is really good and interesting to see, post is also great.
    __________________

    Cheap Dissertation

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain