His father was a poet, so is his elder brother, but Sachin Tendulkar feels that he is born only to wield the willow and not the pen.

“I haven’t done that (writing) till now. I think God has given everyone some talent or the other. You have to appreciate the talent you get. I don’t think I can create something of that level. I just have to sit back and appreciate that,” Tendulkar said.

“Like my brother said earlier...He had to leave cricket for me. I have to leave something for him,” he said referring to the comment made by his elder brother Nitin Tendulkar, who said that since he had to sacrifice his cricket for Sachin, he chose poetry.

The champion batsman held the press conference to inform that a CD of the poems written by his late father, Ramesh Tendulkar, and a book of poems written by his brother Nitin, will be launched later this week.

Asked whether he was thinking of writing an autobiography, Tendulkar said, “Never thought about it. Never had time to think about it....maybe someday, if I feel like.”

To a query, Tendulkar, who is reportedly a favourite to get the Bharat Ratna this year, said winning India’s highest civilian honour is a dream of every countryman.

“Every Indian would like to be honoured by the country. It is the biggest dream when your contribution is appreciated. But we are here for a specific reason, so I would not like to dwell too much on the topic,” he added.