Latest News

Loading...

Friday, January 14, 2011

Suman signs for Mumbai Indians.

HYDERABAD: Deccan Chargers dashing opener Tirumalasetti Laxminarayana Suman has decided to play for Mumbai Indians in the coming IPL season. Suman signed his contract with MI at Mumbai on Thursday.

“It was my dream to play along with Sachin Tendulkar. When the offer came, I was in dilemma but I thought this was the best opportunity to share the dressing room and play alongside the legend. I had to make a hard decision before signing for Mumbai Indians,” he said.

Suman was the third highest scorer for DC after Andrew Symonds and Rohit Sharma last season. Incidentally, all the three players have been signed by Mumbai Indians this season.

“I owe it to DC. They have helped me a lot,’’ he said.

Ironically the opener, known for his big hitting, was ignored by Hyderabad Ranji selectors this season.

“I was disappointed when I was not selected for a single match. It did hurt me. But I’m looking forward to a new season. Moving over to MI would help my career,’’ he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain