Latest News

Loading...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

'I admire Tendulkar for his ability, dedication and discipline' - Dhanraj Pillay


This World Cup is really going to be interesting. The player I am looking forward to watching is Sachin Tendulkar. This will be his sixth World Cup and I am sure he will bring a lot of happiness to the country, family, friends and his teammates.

I have always admired him for his ability, dedication and discipline. Someone who is capable of scoring a double hundred in a One-day match speaks volumes about his mental strength, stamina and perseverance. I am going to follow each and every game of this tournament and if India play the final in Mumbai, it will surely go and watch that match and cheer the team.

I would also like to compliment some of the other players who have been key performers for India over the years -- Yuvraj Singh for instance is a match-winner. I have special regards for Gautam Gambhir as well. He is a fighter like Rahul Dravid and I am sure he will do something special for the team. Another player who comes to my mind is Yusuf Pathan. He has this amazing talent to hit the ball out of the park. The way Pathan batted in the last match of the South African series says it all. He is someone I will be following very keenly.

Even our bowling -- spearheaded by Zaheer Khan, Harbhajan Singh and Munaf Patel – is capable of winning us matches. I wish every player in the 15-member squad all the best and hope to see them posing with the World Cup. Being an ardent supporter of the Indian team, nothing will replace the joy of winning the World Cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain